Surreal Door: EMILIO VENEGAS JR
TAYO is gearing up for its sixth year in production. There are many things on the horizon:
- The new ISSUE 5 is forthcoming in Winter 2014-2015! We're looking for submissions, so please send your work here: https://tayoliterarymag.submittable.com/
- We're opening our submissions to a no-theme policy (it does not have to be work specifically relating to the Filipino diaspora: we want work that tackles the pangs and melodies of the insides, something that knifes us). We accept submissions regardless of ethnicity and nationality, meaning: you don't have to be Filipino to submit. Again: it doesn't have to be a Filipino-themed piece. We're excited to see what you have in store for us.
- We have a new managing editor, Bel Poblador! More exciting news from Bel soon.
- We're looking for readers and editors. Submit your resume and cover letter here: https://tayoliterarymag.submittable.com/submit/27289
- We're in the works of starting a bi-annual Chapbook Contest. More info soon!
- We're also in the works of starting a Reviews Section in our magazine. Get excited for more Filipino/Filipino American scholarship and critical readership!
- We just wrote our first blog post on our new website. Isn't that exciting?
And with that, we're out! Check back soon for these exciting updates.
Lastly: Are you heading to AWP in Seattle? If you are, come by Table K16 @ the AWP Book Fair and talk to Melissa R. Sipin, our Editor-in-Chief. She's excited to hear from you!